Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Killing Myself

So kill (deaden, deprive of power) the evil desire lurking in
                your members [those animal impulses and all that is earthly in you that is employed
                in sin]: sexual vice, impurity, sensual appetites, unholy desires, and all greed  and  covetousness, for that is idolatry (the deifying of self
                and other created things instead of God).
Colossians 3:5 AMP

Reading this tonight I get a sense of unholiness that I don't necessarily know if I should have or not. I mean sure, according to the promise of God I am Born Again by my trust in what Christ has done, but I still battle a few things mentioned here in this one verse.
Is there something wrong with me? Something I cannot get away from no matter what? Why is it I seek deliverance from my problems but I still battle them?

0 comments: